Travellers Worldwide was established in 1994 by husband and wife team, Phil
and Jennifer Perkes, to enable people from all over the world to be able to experience
the joys of living and working in foreign countries. Having travelled
extensively and been lucky enough to work in various countries, they believed that
everyone should have the opportunity to meet and live with different races and ethnic
groups, and to gain experiences and memories which, like their own, would stay with
them for the rest of their lives. By setting up Travellers, they have done that.
Travellers is a founder member of the Year Out Group, and is widely recognised as
a leader in providing worthwhile voluntary placements overseas. We send volunteers
FROM all over the world, TO all over the world! We work with over 300 projects around
the world, working in predominantly developing countries. We provide projects with
volunteers, funding and assistance, supporting the project in fulfilling both its
short-term needs (such as the day-to-day running), right through to helping the project to achieve its wider goals over the long-term.
Many of the projects we work with have been able to grow and subsequently achieve
much more than before they teamed up with us and our volunteers. For example, an
animal sanctuary that we support started off being able to house and rehabilitate
about 40 animals. A few years after working with us to establish a volunteering
programme, the number of animals they were able to help grew to over 400. That's
360 more lives that were able to be saved. This is just one of the many, many results
that we're very proud of - and it could not have been achieved without the thousands
of volunteers who give up their time to help those less fortunate. They all deserve
Our volunteers fulfil a wide variety of roles, including that of teacher, coach,
carer, nurse, researcher, builder and conservationist, and so on. Volunteers are
given round the clock support, guidance, and instruction, enabling them to achieve
their goals. They get to experience, with confidence, what it means to make a valued
and lasting contribution to the projects and communities in which they work.
TRAVELLERS WORLDWIDE ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!!!
I had and amazing experience with Travellers, 10/10 and 101% For all of their efforts
... I would so recommend this company, it's very safe as safety always comes first
with Travellers. pick them if you want to get the best out of your money for a life-changing
experience. Alice xx.
Travellers Worldwide adheres to an ethical code of practice which incorporates and
recognizes the role and importance of its corporate & social responsibilities, and
of the need to travel responsibly. We are committed to upholding strict ethical
standards that ensure a positive and lasting impact upon the environments, communities,
institutions, volunteers, animals, children and people that we work with. Our projects
enable vital conservation, research, care and education work to take place directly
where it is most needed. The local economy benefits in many ways, from the local
staff employed by the projects, to volunteer spending in the community, to the increased
tourism resulting from word of mouth from our volunteers.
As a volunteer, you make a difference on many levels. Your first-hand experience
of key global or cultural issues offers an invaluable education, which will spread
through you and back to Western society. Your hands-on help on the project can change
lives (yours included), as does the financial support you enable Travellers to continue
providing across the world through extensive donations and funding of vital projects
through Travellers’ own charity, The Bridge The Gap Foundation.
Travellers has 13 staff who look after your programme from the planning stage through
to completion. Many of them are ex-Travellers volunteers. With their own volunteering
experience and the expertise they've gained through working in Travellers, they
know exactly what volunteers' requirements are - and they fully understand things
like last minute nerves or homesickness!
We also have over 60 staff and partners overseas to look after you. So, between
our Home Team and our Overseas Teams, you will get excellent support and backup while
on your project.
Most of all, though, your participation on a project means that the children you
work with, the animals you help to save, and the local communities all benefit because
of your work with Travellers!
WHY CHOOSE TRAVELLERS?
- Our placements are open to everybody, from 16 and up, or younger if accompanied by an adult. All nationalities & ages are welcome.
- They are available throughout the year and are incredibly flexible - you can choose your start and finish dates and include time for independent travel.
- Placements last from 1 week to 1 year, subject to visa requirements.
- You don't need any qualifications or experience to take part in most of our projects.
- We are a conscientious, friendly staff team of ex-volunteers, we know exactly how it feels!
- We have excellent support and backup, from booking your arrangements, throughout your placement to your return home (incl. a 24 hour UK Emergency phone line). Our local staff can also help you with sightseeing arrangements and will be happy to suggest exciting places to visit.
- We can give you expert advice on flights, visas, travel insurance etc... or we can arrange these for you. We can also help you plan any independent travel.
- The cost of your placement usually covers all food and accommodation (unless otherwise stated), being met at the airport, full support & in-country care. All you need is spending money.
- Wherever possible we can tailor make a project to suit your requirements.
- We provide comprehensive current information packs covering everything you need to know, from safety all the way through to what to pack.
- We have a huge variety of many worthwhile placements where you can MAKE A DIFFERENCE or, in the case of an internship or course, GAIN VALUABLE EXPERIENCE.
- We have 20+ years of experience with solid, well run programs. Ask us for contact details of past volunteers and speak to them for yourself.
- We try to be as accurate and transparent as possible ... "I have read your brochure and I was drawn to your company because of your honesty about the projects being hard work and needing a sense of humour. Other companies seem to sugar coat these projects and make them seem perfect which is not realistic."
- Travellers is a Founder Member of the Year Out Group, whose aims are dedicated to setting rigorous standards for structured gap year opportunities. In fact, we helped to draft many of the Standards.
Address: Suite 2A, Caravelle House, 17/19 Goring Road, Worthing, West Sussex, BN12 4AP, England
Telephone: +44 (0)1903 502595
Travellers Worldwide is the trading name of TravelQuest Limited, a company registered in England and Wales,
Company Registered Address: 7 Mulberry Close, Ferring, West Sussex, BN12 5HY
Registration No: 3072191
VAT registration no: 786540201
I loved them (the in-country support
team), honestly, and they were some of the nicest people I've ever met. They made
me feel right at home.
Canyon Cugini, Brazil